Sunday, February 19, 2012

HS Mother's Journal


This post is linked up at The Homeschool Chick



My life this week…  This week started out TOUGH.  Emily was so sick and it brought me to tears just to look at her - pale face, big round eyes :(   Valentine's Day was her 12th birthday and she was too sick to even get out from under the covers.  Thanks to God that she is now fully recovered and we celebrated her birthday yesterday! 


My favorite thing this week was… obviously it was seeing Emily recover!  I requested prayer from friends and family and she made the fastest recovery I've ever seen!  One minute she was weak, tired, and sad and the next she was back to normal! 



In our homeschool this week… Again, not too much going on there.  She spent some time writing stories and drawing pictures.  We did some vocabulary work, a little bit of science, and not much else.  Back to normal on Monday!


Questions/thoughts I have…  Answering the question of what homeschool subject do I hate, it has to be math.  Emily really hates it and it is very difficult for her.  I have not found a way for her to enjoy it.  We just take it as slow as she needs to go and move at her pace!  If anyone has any ideas how to make math more fun for a 12-year-old, I'm all ears!  


A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

A free Mardi Gras lapbook on Squidoo

and a funny: 

Have a blessed week with your homeschoolers!

Sherry


4 comments:

  1. Love that quote! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that Emily is feeling better. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear Emily is getting better..

    I'd say math is a tough one for a few here as well. We drop the math books and work with manipulatives. Make math fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I would stop by for a visit after reading your post.
    You're very right that we have many things in common. Including homeschooling. Our son was homeschooled from grade 8 to 12th grade.

    ReplyDelete